Sunday, January 13, 2008

Five Best...Chain Songs



#5. "Chain That Door" by Mudhoney

Where do you think we've seen that girl?
Chain that door, I'm outta your world


#4. "Ball and Chain" by Big Brother and the Holding Company

Sitting down by my window,
Oh, looking at the rain.
Sitting down by my window now now,
All around I felt it,
All I could see was the rain.
Something grabbed a hold of me, honey,
Felt to me honey like, lord, a ball and chain.


#3. "Chain Saw" by the Ramones

Texas chain saw massacre,
They took my baby away from me
But she'll never get out of there,
She'll never get out of there


#2. "Chain Gang" by Sam Cooke

That's the sound of the men,
They are working on the chain gang.


#1. "Walking on a Wire" by Richard and Linda Thompson

I hand you my ball and chain
You just hand me that same old refrain