Monday, January 21, 2008

Five Worst...Movies Based on Video Games

#5. Pokemon 3: The Movie

All Pokemon movies could easily have this spot, but the designation goes to the third one because of its subtitle. The Movie? How terrible is that? Maybe this should start catching: Great Expectations: The Book, Lost: The Television Show on ABC Not To Be Confused with that Dean Cain Movie or Herpes: The Sexually Transmitted Disease.

#4. Mortal Kombat: Annihilation

I was never a huge Mortal Kombat fan, for I rather spent my time playing Mario or various sports game. But when I went to my cousin's house, I would play it for long periods at a time and loved hearing the oh-so-familiar "Let's fight!" This movie, a sequel, made me lose all fond feelings for the game with this kind of dialouge:

Jax: Man, you barbecued his ass!

Shao Kahn: You should have killed me... when you had the chance... brother.
Rayden: My brother died a long time ago. His heart, anyway.

Now that's intense.

#3. Lara Croft: Tomb Raider


Angelina Jolie, hot. This movie, not.

#2. Super Mario Brothers

While I do have fond memories of this movie (especially the elevator scene where the Goombas begin to sway to elevator music), I can't give too much credit to a movie that has its main actor, Bob Hoskins who played Mario, say this about it: "The worst thing I ever did? Super Mario Brothers. It was a nightmare. The whole experience was a nightmare." Yikes.

#1. Street Fighter

This poster says it all: