Monday, January 7, 2008

Five Best...Songs from Déjà Vu



#5. "Everybody I Love You"

Know you got to run
Know you got to hide
Still there is a great life
Engrained deep within your eyes
Open up, open up
Baby let me in
You expect for me to love you
When you hate yourself, my friend


#4. "Country Girl: Whiskey Boot Hill/Down, Down, Down/Country Girl"

Country girl I think you're pretty,
Got to make you understand,
Have no lovers in the city,
Let me be your country man.
Got to make you understand.


#3. "Our House"

Staring at the fire
For hours and hours
While I listen to you
Play your love songs
All night long for me
Only for me


#2. "Carry On"

Girl when I was on my own
Chasing you down
What was it made you run?
Trying your best just to get around.
The questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover can you talk to me?


#1. "Helpless"

Helpless, helpless, helpless
Baby can you hear me now?
The chains are locked and tied across the door,
Baby, sing with me somehow.

No comments: