Thursday, February 14, 2008

Five Best...Valentine Songs


#5. "Sleepwalker" by the Wallflowers

Cupid, don't draw back your bow
Sam Cooke didn't know what I know
I'll never be your valentine
The sleepwalker in me
And God only know that I've tried


#4. "When I'm 64" by the Beatles

When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now,
Will you still be sending me a Valentine,
birthday greetings, bottle of wine?


#3. "St. Patrick's Day" by John Mayer

No way November will see our goodbye
When it comes to December, it's obvious why
No one wants to be alone at Christmas time
And come January, we're frozen inside
Making new resolutions a hundred times
February, won't you be my valentine?
And we'll both be safe 'til St. Patrrick's Day


#2. "Love Minus Zero/No Limit" by Bob Dylan

People carry roses,
Make promises by the hours,
My love she laughs like the flowers,
Valentines can't buy her.


#1. "My Funny Valentine" by Frank Sinatra

But don't change your hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine stay
Each day is Valentine's Day

No comments: