Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Five Best...Songs from Damn the Torpedoes


#5. "Don't Do Me Like That"

I was talkin’ with a friend of mine,
He said a woman had hurt his pride,
She told him that she loved him so and
Then turned around and let him go.
Then he said, “You better watch your step
Or you’re gonna get hurt yourself.
Someone’s gonna tell you lies and
Cut you down to size.”


#4. "Shadow of a Doubt (A Complex Kid)"

Sometimes at night, I wait around ‘til she gets off.
She don’t like workin’, she says she hates her boss,
But she’s got me askin’ questions, she’s got me on the fence
With that little certain something, she’s a complex kid,
And she’s always been so hard to get around.
She always likes to leave me with a shadow of a doubt.


#3. "Even the Losers"

Time meant nothing, anything seemed real.
Yeah, you kissed like fire and you made me feel
Like every word you said was meant to be.
It couldn't been that easy to forget about me.


#2. "Here Comes My Girl"

But when she puts her arms around me
I can somehow rise above it.
Yeah, man when I got that little girl standin' right by my side,
You know, I can tell the whole wide world to shove it, hey!


#1. "Refugee"

Somewhere, somehow,
Somebody must have kicked you around some.
Who knows? Maybe you were kidnapped,
Tied up, taken away, and held for ransom.

It don't really matter to me, baby,
Everybody's had to fight to be free,
You see you don't have to live like a refugee.

No comments: