Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Five Best...Songs from Summerteeth


#5. “Via Chicago”

I printed my name on the back of a leaf
And I watched it float away
The hope I had in a notebook full of white dry pages
Was all I tried to save


#4. “Nothing'severgonnastandinmyway(again)”

Waste the days, waste the nights
Try to downplay being uptight
Oh, you're right, but I believe
A kiss is all we need


#3. “Can’t Stand It”

The way things go
You get so low
Struggle to find your skin
Oh hey ho
Look out below
Your prayers will never be answered again


#2. “ELT”

I didn't mean to be so stupid
So far from home
Oh, what have I been learning
By being all alone


#1. “A Shot in the Arm”

The ashtray says
You were up all night
When you went to bed
With your darkest mind

Your pillow wept
You covered your eyes
And you finally slept
While the sun caught fire