Sunday, February 24, 2008

Five Best...Songs from Wednesday Morning 3 A.M.



#5. "He Was My Brother"

Freedom writer
They cursed my brother to his face
Go home outsider
This town's gonna be your buryin' place


#4. "You Can Tell the World"

Well you can tell the world about this
You can tell the nation about that
Tell 'em what the master has done
Tell 'em that the gospel has come
Tell 'em that the victory's been won
He brought joy, joy, joy, joy, joy, joy
Into my heart


#3. "The Times They Are A-Changin'"

The line it is drawn
The curse it is cast
The slow one now
Will later be fast
And the present now
Will later be past
The order is rapidly fadin'
The first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changin'
For the times they are a-changin'


#2. "Wednesday Morning 3 A.M."

My life seems unreal, my crime an illusion
A scene badly written in which I must play
Yet I know as I gaze at my young love beside me
The morning is just a few hours away


#1. "The Sounds of Silence"

"Fools," said I, "you do not know
Silence like a cancer grows
Hear my words that I might teach you
Take my arms that I might reach you"
But my words like silent raindrops fell
And echoed in the wells of silence

No comments: