Monday, September 24, 2007

Ten Most...Played Bob Dylan Songs on my iPod

#10. "You Angel You"

Why? Sometimes the best Dylan love songs are the simplest ones.

#9. "Tight Connection to My Heart

Why? Occasionally, I like to listen way-too-pop 80's Dylan.

#8. "Brownsville Girl"

Why? Fun to sing and follow along to--even if I don't really know what's going on some of the time.

#7. "One More Night"

Why? Short, breezy and fun. Just like Bobby...

#6. "Thunder on the Mountain"

Why? It's semi-new and my second favorite on the album.

#5. "Workingman's Blues #2"

Why? It's semi-new and my favorite on the album.

#4. "Visions of Johanna"

Why? One of favorite Dylan songs. Was most-played for awhile.

#3. "Drifter's Escape"

Why? A great song but also the one following...

#2. "The Ballad of Frankie Lee and Judas Priest"

Why? Hilarious and a top-three Dylan song for me.

#1. "She's Your Lover Now"

Why? It's my favorite.

Now, many of these are nowhere near my favorite Dylan songs ("Tight Connection" anyone?) and there are many other songs that are more deserving to be on my most played list ("Not Dark Yet," "Like a Rolling Stone," etc.) but for some reason or another, I guess I go to these ten the most.

Almost cracking the list include "Mississippi," "When the Ship Comes In," "It Takes a Lot to Laugh..." and pretty much the rest of the Blonde on Blonde album.

No comments: