Thursday, September 13, 2007

Five Best...Songs from Infidels


#5. "I and I"

Think I'll go out and go for a walk,
Not much happenin' here, nothin' ever does.
Besides, if she wakes up now, she'll just want me to talk
I got nothin' to say, 'specially about whatever was.


#4. "License to Kill"

Now, there's a woman on my block,
She just sit there as the night grows still.
She say who gonna take away his license to kill?


#3. "Sweetheart Like You"

You know, I once knew a woman who looked like you,
She wanted a whole man, not just a half,
She used to call me sweet daddy when I was only a child,
You kind of remind me of her when you laugh.

#2. "Don't Fall Apart on Me Tonight"

I ain't too good at conversation, girl,
So you might not know exactly how I feel,
But if I could, I'd bring you to the mountaintop, girl,
And build you a house made out of stainless steel.


#1. "Jokerman"

It's a shadowy world,
Skies are slippery gray,
A woman just gave birth to a prince today
And dressed him in scarlet.
He'll put the priest in his pocket,
Put the blade to the heat,
Take the motherless children off the street
And place them at the feet of a harlot.
Oh, Jokerman, you know what he wants,
Oh, Jokerman, you don't show any response.

No comments: