Saturday, July 7, 2007

Five Best...Songs from Loaded by The Velvet Underground


#5. "Rock & Roll"

Despite all the amputations
You could just dance to a rock 'n' roll station


#4. "Who Loves the Sun"

Who loves the sun
Who cares that it makes plants grow
Who cares what it does
Since you broke my heart


#3. "Sweet Jane"

Well they're gonna tell you that everthing is just dirt
You know that women never really faint
And that villians always blink their eyes
That children are the only ones who blush
And that life is just to die


#2. "New Age"

Something's got a hold on me and I don't know what
Something's got a hold on me and I don't know what
It's the beginning of a new age


#1. "Oh! Sweet Nuthin'"

Say a word for Jimmy Brown
He ain't got nothing at all
Not a shirt right of his back
He ain't got nothing at all
And say a word for Ginger Brown
Walks with his head down to the ground
Took the shoes right of his feet
To poor boy right out in the street