Thursday, July 5, 2007

Five Best...Songs from Live by the Modern Lovers


#5. "I'm a Little Dinosaur"

Now the children upon their lawns
Will wake up and wonder where I've gone.
And the flies that buzz around where I now be
They're all gonna have to get along without me.


#4. "Hey There, Little Insect"

I say, hey there, little praying mantis, I have one complaint.
Each time on my arm you landed, it makes me faint.
I say, hey there, little insect, please calm down.
Then we'll have fun and fool around.


#3. "I'm a Little Airplane"

I fly in the dark,
Over the baseball park.
I can fly late at night. It's okay,
I got my little red light.
And wangity-wang wangity-wang
I'm a little airplane now.


#2. "My Little Kookenhaken"

And I've been walking long a year, and dear I'm tired of talkin',
So come on, honey, and listen here, and be my little Kookenhaken.
And I've been walkin' hill and dale, through vale and valley walkin',
So come on, honey, and read your mail and be my little Kookenhaken.


#1. "Ice Cream Man"

Now, ice cream man, (ice cream man) upon my street
Your little truck, you know, (ice cream man) is a-neat, neat
And ice cream man, (ice cream man) upon my block,
I heard your chimes, I know they reel and they rock

No comments: