Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Five Best...Songs from Shot of Love


#5. "Heart of Mine"

Heart of mine so malicious and so full of guile,
Give you an inch and you'll take a mile.
Don't let yourself fall, Don't let yourself stumble.
If you can't do the time, don't do the crime
Heart of mine.


#4. "Shot of Love"

I don't need no alibi when I'm spending time with you.
I've heard all of them rumors and you have heard 'em too.
Don't show me no picture show or give me no book to read,
It don't satisfy the hurt inside nor the habit that it feeds.


#3. "The Groom's Still Waiting at the Altar"

East of the Jordan, hard as the Rock of Gibraltar,
I see the burning of the page, Curtain risin' on a new age,
See the groom still waitin' at the altar.


#2. "Property of Jesus"

He's the property of Jesus
Resent him to the bone
You got something better
You've got a heart of stone


#1. "Every Grain of Sand"

I gaze into the doorway of temptation's angry flame
And every time I pass that way, I always hear my name.
Then onward in my journey I come to understand
That every hair is numbered like every grain of sand.

No comments: