Wednesday, October 24, 2007

55 Favorite...Beatles Songs


Back in July, I posted my 55 favorite Bob Dylan songs and now I'm doing the same thing for The Beatles. The list goes by the US albums, not ones released in the UK, because the track listing is quite different. Disagree with a choice? Please comment.

And I should mention again that these aren't necessarily The Beatles' greatest songs, just ones that mean the most to me.

Introducing…The Beatles (6)
“I Saw Her Standing There”
“Love Me Do”
“Please Please Me”
“Do You Want to Know a Secret?”
“There’s a Place”
“Twist and Shout”

Meet the Beatles! (4)
“I Want to Hold Your Hand”
“It Won’t Be Long”
“All My Loving”
“Hold Me Tight”

The Beatles’ Second Album
(3)
“You Really Got a Hold on Me”
“Please Mr. Postman”
“She Loves You”

A Hard Day’s Night (3)
“Tell Me Why”
“I’m Happy Just to Dance With You”
“If I Fell”

Something New
(0)
None (many of the tracks appear on A Hard Day’s Night)

Beatles ’65 (1)
“No Reply”

The Early Beatles (0)
None (all previously released tracks)

Beatles VI (1)
“Eight Days a Week”

Help! (2)
“Help!”
“Ticket to Ride”

Rubber Soul (8)
“I’ve Just Seen a Face”
“You Won’t See Me”
“The Word”
“Michelle”
“It’s Only Love”
“Girl”
“I’m Looking Through You”
“In My Life”

Yesterday…And Today (4)
“I’m Only Sleeping”
“If I Needed Someone”
“We Can Work It Out”
“Day Tripper”

Revolver (2)
“Here, There and Everywhere”
“Got to Get You Into My Life”

Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
(2)
“Getting Better”
“A Day in the Life”

Magical Mystery Tour (2)
“Strawberry Fields Forever”
“All You Need is Love”

The Beatles (5)
“Back in the USSR”
“While My Guitar Gently Weeps”
“I Will”
“Birthday”
“Helter Skelter”

Yellow Submarine (1)
“Hey Bulldog”

Abbey Road (3)
“Come Together”
“Oh! Darling”
“Abbey Road Medley” (Yeah, it’s kind of cheating but I’m including it as one song)

Let It Be (5)
“Two of Us”
“Let It Be”
“I’ve Got a Feeling”
“The Long and Winding Road”
“Get Back”

Singles (3)
“Paperback Writer”
“Hey Jude”
“The Ballad of John and Yoko”

3 comments:

kiara ink said...

Glad to see you included 3 of my favorite mushy songs: I Will, If I Fell, and Two of Us. I'm sure you did it just for me. Thanks. See, it's the birthday that never ends!

k said...

my daughter & i just saw laser beatles at our planetarium.

KlingeltoneKostenlos said...

Hello friends!
Today I would like to introduce you to a ringtone dedicated to the iphone, the ringtone is indispensable of the phone, but how to find unique ringtone. I know a place where there are many ringtones and would like to share for you iphone ringtone selection, please visit here to see more:https://ringtonesmobile.net/

Unique iphone ringtone 2018:
- iphone 8 ringtone Download
- Neha Kakkar – Hate Story 4 ringtone Download
- iPhone X ringtone Download
- Charlie Puth – Attention ringtone Download
- Mere Rashke Qamar ringtone Download