Monday, March 10, 2008

Five Best...Songs from Stop Making Sense


#5. "Take Me to the River"

I don't know why I love you like I do
All the troubles you put me through
Sixteen candles there on my wall
And here am I the biggest fool of them all


#4. "Burning Down the House"

Hold tight, wait 'til the party's over
Hold tight, we're in for nasty weather
There has got to be a way
Burning down the house


#3. "Girlfriend is Better"

I got a girlfriend that's better than that
And nothing is better that this
Is it?


#2. "Life During Wartime"

Why stay in college? Why go to night school?
Gonna be different this time?
Can't write a letter, can't send a postcard
I can't write nothing at all
This ain't no party, this ain't no disco,
This ain't no fooling around
I'd love you hold you, I'd like to kiss you
I ain't got no time for that now


#1. "Psycho Killer"

I can’t seem to face up to the facts
I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax
I can’t sleep because my bed’s on fire
Don’t touch me, I’m a real live wire.

No comments: