Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Five Best...Songs from David Bowie


#5. "Love You Till Tuesday"

Oh, beautiful baby
I was very lonely till I met you on Sunday
My passion's never-ending and I'll love you till Tuesday


#4. "Uncle Arthur"

Round and round goes Arthur's head, hasn't eaten well for days
Little Sally may be lovely, but cooking leaves her in a maze
Uncle Arthur packed his bags and fled
Back to mother, all's forgiven, serving in the family shop
He gets his pocket money, he's well fed


#3. "There Is a Happy Land"

Charlie Brown's got half a crown, he's gonna buy a kite
Jimmy's ill with chicken pox, and Tommy's learned to ride his bike
Tiny Tim sings prayers and hymns, he's so small we don't notice him
He gets in the way but we always let him play with us


#2. "Sell Me a Coat"

And when she smiles, the ice forgets to melt away
Not like before, her smile was warming yesterday
See the trees like silver candy, feel my icy hand

#1. "When I Live My Dream"

Tell them I will live my dream
Tell them they can laugh at me
But don't forget your date with me
When I live my dream

No comments: