Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Got Them Bye Bye Blues


As mentioned before, I'll be in Israel on a Birthright trip and won't return until December 28. Until then, Five Best will be on hiatus. While I'm gone, be sure to check out Anecdotal Evidence, Mr. Ken Kurp and Green, How I Want You Green.

Seeing as this is my last posting until I return, I need to leave something good for people to see, so below are my two favorite song verses of all-time.

Until I'm back, I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, and they should get ready for many a-picture and posting about Israel. Shalom!

Inside the museums, Infinity goes up on trial
Voices echo this is what salvation must be like after a while
But Mona Lisa musta had the highway blues
You can tell by the way she smiles
See the primitive wallflower freeze
When the jelly-faced women all sneeze
Hear the one with the mustache say, "Jeeze
I can't find my knees"
Oh, jewels and binoculars hang from the head of the mule
But these visions of Johanna, they make it all seem so cruel


So now I'm goin' back again,
I got to get to her somehow.
All the people we used to know
They're an illusion to me now.
Some are mathematicians
Some are carpenter's wives.
Don't know how it all got started,
I don't know what they're doin' with their lives.
But me, I'm still on the road
Headin' for another joint
We always did feel the same,
We just saw it from a different point of view,
Tangled up in blue.