Friday, December 28, 2007

Five Best...Jerusalem Songs

I only got back from Israel a few hours ago, and am too tired to write much about my trip, but here's a themed post still:

#5. "With a Shout" by U2

We're gonna be there again
Jerusalem, Jerusalem


#4. "Jerusalem" by Matisyahu

Jerusalem, if I forget you,
Fire not gonna come from me tongue.
Jerusalem, if I forget you,
Let my right hand forget what it's supposed to do


#3. "Jerusalem" by Neil Diamond

Well I was rollin'
On the way to Jerusalem
I was headed for the Promised Land
And nothing make me go against the tide
But I took a little turn, yeah
Was on the way to Jerusalem
What's another day more or less
You pay your money
And you take your ride


#2. "This Year" by the Mountain Goats

There will be feasting and dancing in Jerusalem next year
I am going to make it through this year, if it kills me


#1. "Blind Willie McTell" by Bob Dylan

Seen the arrow on the door post
Saying, "This land is condemned
All the way from New Orleans
To Jerusalem."
I traveled through East Texas
Where many martyrs fell
And I know no one can sing the blues
Like Blind Willie McTell

No comments: