Friday, November 23, 2007

Five Best...Songs from I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight


#5. “Has He Got a Friend For Me?”

Saturday night and I’m all alone
No ring on the door bell, no ring on the phone
And nobody wants to know anyone lonely like me


#4. “Withered and Died”

Silver moon sail up and silver moon shine
On the waters so wide, waters so wide
Steal from the bed of some good friend of mine
My dreams are withered and died


#3. “I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight”

Meet me at the station don’t be late
I need to spend some money and it just won’t wait
Take me to the dance and hold me tight
I want to see the bright lights tonight


#2. “The Great Valerio”

How we wonder, how we wonder
Watching far below
We would all be that great hero
The great Valerio


#1. “The Calvary Cross”

I was under the Calvary Cross
The pale-faced lady she said to me
I’ve watched you with my one green eye
And I’ll hurt you ‘till you need me

No comments: