Monday, April 23, 2007

Five Best...Songs Mentioning Mr. Jones

#5. “Yer Blues” by The Beatles

“The eagle picks my eye
The worm he licks my bone
I feel so suicidal
Like Dylan’s Mr. Jones.”

#4. “Mary Lou” by Rednex

“You always make excuses, like Mr. Jones.”

#3. “Mr. Jones” by Talking Heads

“Mr. Jones
Put a wiggle in your stride
Loosen up
I believe he'll be alright
Changing clothes
Now he's got ventilated slacks
Bouncing off the walls
Mr. Jones is back!”

#2. “Ballad of a Thin Man” by Bob Dylan

“Ah, you've been with the professors and they've all liked your looks
With great lawyers you have discussed lepers and crooks
You've been through all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's books
You're very well-read, it's well-known
But something is happening here and you don't know what it is
Do you, Mr. Jones?”

#1. “Mr. Jones” by Counting Crows

“Mr. Jones and me stumbling through the barrio
Yeah, we stare at the beautiful women
‘She's perfect for you, Man, there's got to be somebody for me.’
I want to be Bob Dylan
Mr. Jones wishes he was someone just a little more funky
When everybody loves you, oh son, that's just about as funky as you can be.”

No comments: