Saturday, April 14, 2007

Five Best…Quentin Tarantino Films

#5. From Dusk Till Dawn

-If more people had seen this film which he worked with Robert Rodriguez, Grindhouse would have came as less of a suprise. There's lots of T & A, zombie gore, Cheech and swearing. Tarantino also pays a rapist in this film--just like in the first part of Grindhouse.

#4. Grindhouse

-I felt slightly guilty enjoying this film because it's supposed to be bad, but he and Rodriguez once again manage to make something highly entertaining out of boobs, blood and beer.

#3. Kill Bill, Vol. 1 & 2

-I can't choose which one I like more because although Vol. 1 is more fun, Vol. 2 is the better movie of the two. All I know is this: Uma Thurman and David Carradine are awesome in both.

#2. Reservoir Dogs

-One of my all-time favorite movie conservations is the one in the first scene about tipping:

Nice Guy Eddie: C'mon, throw in a buck!
Mr. Pink: Uh-uh, I don't tip.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't tip?
Mr. Pink: Nah, I don't believe in it.
Nice Guy Eddie: You don't believe in tipping?
Mr. Blue: You know what these chicks make? They make shit.
Mr. Pink: Don't give me that. She don't make enough money that she can quit.
Nice Guy Eddie: I don't even know a fucking Jew who'd have the balls to say that. Let me get this straight: you don't ever tip?
Mr. Pink: I don't tip because society says I have to. All right, if someone deserves a tip, if they really put forth an effort, I'll give them something a little something extra. But this tipping automatically, it's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, they're just doing their job.
Mr. Blue: Hey, our girl was nice.
Mr. Pink: She was okay. She wasn't anything special.
Mr. Blue: What's special? Take you in the back and suck your dick?
Nice Guy Eddie: I'd go over twelve percent for that.

This is followed by:

Mr. Pink: I'm very sorry the government taxes their tips, that's fucked up. That ain't my fault. It would seem to me that waitresses are one of the many groups the government fucks in the ass on a regular basis. Look, if you ask me to sign something that says the government shouldn't do that, I'll sign it, put it to a vote, I'll vote for it, but what I won't do is play ball. And as for this non-college bullshit I got two words for that: learn to fuckin' type, 'cause if you're expecting me to help out with the rent you're in for a big fuckin' surprise. (Both with help from IMDb.com)

#1. Pulp Fiction

-Best movie of the 90s.

2 comments:

Jojo a. said...

Grindhouse is my #01. I thought it was so entertaining... Pretty much a question of taste. It's my favorite late movie... well after Borat. Nothing beats Borat.

PP said...

From Dusk Till Dawn is one of my least favourite films ever.

I assumed the vampire section was a dream sequence so out-of-place did it seem.

I know he only wrote it - but I really like True Romance.