Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Five Best...Songs about Sex

Every other week, I'll post my Five Best list that appears in the newspaper I write for, Inprint. So, here it is:

5. "I Wanna Sex You Up" by Color Me Badd
-It's funny 'cause it's true.

4. "Femme Fatale" by The Velvet Underground
-It's not so much about sex as it is about a woman who leads a man (who happens to be "number 37" in her book) into thinking that he has a chance to "get" with her. Just like a woman, eh?

3. "Creatures of Love" by Talking Heads
-Extra! Extra! Hot of the presses: David Bryne has seen sex and thinks it's alright!

2. "The Mud Shark" by the Mothers of Invention
-Delivered with the sarcastic sincerity he's known for, Frank Zappa chronicles the adventures of a little lady and her dealings with the band The Vanilla Fudge.

1. "Sexuality" by Billy Bragg
- "I've had relations/with girls from many nations" is the first of many great lines this underrated songwriter sings in his ode to all women, especially if they're in their "naked body of work." This song would even work for Inprint's upcoming Queer Issue, with the lyric, "And just because you're gay/doesn't mean I'll turn you away."

No comments: