Thursday, June 7, 2007

"So, This Is How It Feels When Doves Cry"

Yesterday, as I soon often do, I was walking around the Columbus Circle area before classes and listening to my iPod, with the specific song being Prince's "Purple Rain." As the song went on (after all, it does last about 8 minutes), I thought to myself, "Damn, I should do a blog posting on this song because it's just so epic." Well, not two minutes later, a guy with a clipboard came up to me while I was waiting to cross the street and asked, "What are you listening to now?" Normally I wouldn't have answered but I've always wanted to ask the same question to random New Yorker's so I gave him a truthful answer: "Purple Rain" by Prince. As he wrote down my selection, he stopped for a second, looked at me and said, "Man, that's an epic song."

And I walked away a happier person.

2 comments:

Liz said...

that's awesome. do you know what it was for?

Josh Kurp said...

No, I never asked because the moment was just too perfect to mess around with.