Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"Gummy Bear Dance"

One of the kids on my bus to Camp Hillard named Maxwell loves to sing this song over and over again. As you can tell within five seconds of watching this video, it's pretty much the most annoying song of all-time, and hearing an eight-year-old sing it ad nauseum doesn't much help its cause either.

Yesterday, as Maxwell went through, "I'm a gummy bear/Yes, I'm a gummy bear..." for the 27th time in about five minutes, I could take more, and put on my headphones to drown out Maxwell's voice. My song choice? Dylan's "Talkin' Bear Mountain Picnic Massacre Blues":

Well, I run right down and bought a ticket
To this thing called the Bear Mountain picnic
Little did I realize,
I was in for an unpleasant funny surprise
It had nothin' to do with picnic
Didn't come close to a mountain.
An' I hate bears.

You and me both, Bob.

No comments: